A very important question when moving to a foreign country is…what is there to do? Panama offers a diverse range of activities and attractions. Whether you prefer a lively cosmopolitan city, incredible Caribbean beaches, picturesque mountain towns, or the island lifestyle. Panama has something for everyone, and some of our favorite things to do are:
- Restaurants: Panama City boasts a vibrant culinary scene with numerous gourmet restaurants. You must try these:
- Maito: This restaurant offers Panamanian food with a twist. It recently ranked #6 on Latin America’s 50 Best list. The chef Mario Castrellon experiments without restrain with the best products of the country, which are not traditionally used in Panamanian cuisine.
- La Casa del Marisco (ACHA): Without a doubt this is the best seafood restaurant in Panama City. It mixes traditional Spanish cuisine with elegant and modern tastes, all in a sophisticated and warm environment.
- Filomena: This Italian restaurant located in Avenida Balboa combines the highest quality ingredients, modern cooking skills and centuries of Italy’s culinary heritage.
- Makoto: With more than 20 years of experience, chef Makoto Okuwa has developed his own version of Japanese cuisine, mixing traditional Edomae-sushi with contemporary tastes.
- Casco Viejo: Wander through the historic district of Casco Viejo in Panama City. Explore its charming streets, colonial architecture, boutique shops, art galleries, and vibrant nightlife.
- Causeway: Take a stroll along the Amador Causeway, a scenic pathway connecting four islands near Panama City. Enjoy stunning views of the skyline, rent a bicycle, or visit the Museo de Biodiversidad designed by the renowned architect Frank Gehry.
- Walking Trails: Panama has several walking and hiking trails that allow you to explore its natural beauty. You will be able to appreciate the diverse Panamanian flora and fauna in Panama Pacifico, a vibrant community located near the former Howard Air Force.
- Golf & Padel: Panama offers excellent golf courses, including the renowned Buenaventura Golf Club and Santa Maria Golf & Country Club, both created by Nicklaus Design. Padel, the most popular racquet sport of the moment, can be enjoyed at various clubs and facilities throughout the city.
- Taboga Island: This small relaxing island is located just 30 minutes on ferry from Panama City. It has beautiful relaxing beaches that offer stunning coastal scenery. The colorful and historic Spanish-founded town is home to the second oldest church in the Western hemisphere.
- El Valle: Located just 2-hours from Panama City is El Valle, a charming mountain town known for its beautiful landscapes, hot springs, waterfalls, and hiking trails. Don’t miss the famous El Valle Market on Sundays.
These are just a few highlights of what Panama has to offer. If you’re thinking of making the move to Panama, House Hunters Panama has got you covered with all your real estate needs. Reach out to us for more information.